Hasselback Loaded Sweet Potato
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Salted, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 pieces Violife Just Like Vegan Cheddar Slice, quartered
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 2 slices vegan bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegan sour cream, divided
|Energy (kcal)||162 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||676 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||19.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||16.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.0 g|
|Fat (g)||7.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||13 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||228 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.57 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||13889 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||6.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||32 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.73 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||374 mg|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4'' slices, leaving the bottom of the vegetable in tact.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to an unlined pan or cookie sheet. Top each sweet potato with 1 tablespoon plant butter and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft, but not mushy. Remove pan from oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly distribute chipotle peppers over top of baked sweet potato, and insert cheddar pieces into the slices.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, scallions, vegan bacon, and vegan sour cream.
To slice the sweet potatoes without cutting all the way through the vegetable, place 2 chop sticks or bamboo skewers lengthwise on each side.