Vegan Chick'n and Pumpkin Waffles
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
Pumpkin Waffle Batter
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup
- Flora™ Plant Butter Salted
Vegan Fried Chicken
- 15 frozen vegan chicken tenders, cooked according to package directions
|Energy (kcal)||223 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||933 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||48.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||45.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.7 g|
|Fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||338 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.84 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3816 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||235 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.37 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||128 mg|
- Preheat waffle iron. Set heat to medium-high or high.
- Mix oat milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, melted plant butter, vanilla extract, dark brown sugar, and oat milk and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt together.
- Add oat milk mixture to flour mixture, and fold gently until ingredients are just combined.
- When waffle iron is preheated, brush iron plates with oil.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto iron, close, and cook waffles until dark golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Serve pumpkin waffles with cooked vegan chicken tenders and garnish with Flora™ Plant Butter Salted and maple syrup.