All-in-One, Easy-To-Make Cupcakes
Give your family a sweet treat without causing chaos in the kitchen with this easy cupcake recipe for kids.
These all-in-one cupcakes are the easiest baking recipe you can imagine. With only five main ingredients – all of which you can probably find in your kitchen cupboards or the fridge right now – and less than 15 minutes baking time, you won’t believe how quick and easy it is to turn out light and fluffy cupcakes. Even better, these easy bake cupcakes are a great way to get kids involved in home baking.
Just mix the first 4 ingredients in one bowl (so there’s hardly any washing up too!), pop them into cases and bake before icing.
This all-in-one cupcake recipe has just 5 steps so you can create mouth-watering sweet treats quick as a flash. To turn this into an easy cupcake recipe for kids to try, simple help them with the tricky parts – like putting the easy bake cupcakes in the oven and measuring all the ingredients.
- Turn the oven on to 175°C (remember to adjust for fan-assisted ovens).
- Put everything except the icing sugar into a big bowl and mix well. Kids can get eager at this stage so be prepared for your kitchen surfaces to be coated in a light dusting of flour.
- Once all ingredients are combined, spoon the cupcake mix into paper cases and bake for 10–12 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Mix water with the icing sugar a little at a time until it has a smooth consistency.
- Top the cakes with a teaspoon of icing each.
You can add other decorations to your all-in-one cupcakes you like – sprinkles, chocolate chips and candied fruits are popular choices. If you want to let the kids show their creative flair then let them combine toppings or use different coloured icings by adding a few drops of food colouring to your icing mixture.
Once you’ve made these easy to make cupcakes a few times, why not try one of our other sweet treats? Our easy lemon cupcakes are another good recipe for all the family to help making while our choc chip cupcakes are a classic choice that’s sure to be popular with young mouths. For something a little different, try our apple cupcakes or our cherry bakewell-inspired cherry and almond cupcakes. You won’t be disappointed.
- 150 g Flora Original
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 115 g icing sugar