Baked Raspberry & Lemon Vegan Cheesecake
A smooth, rich and creamy lemon and raspberry cheesecake makes a great dessert on any occasion. Our fun vegan cheesecake recipe perfectly blends citrus and sweet flavours to create a treat everyone will love – because who doesn’t love cheesecake?
This dairy free lemon cheesecake recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly simple to make. In other words, this is truly an easy cheesecake that also happens to be dairy free with the best texture and flavour. The combination of lemon and raspberry unites to perfection and makes this dairy free cheesecake to-die-for treat.
Ready to sink your teeth into it?
- Pour boiling water over the cashews and soak for 2 hours minimum (the longer the better- overnight is ideal if you have the time), uncovered, then drain.
- Use a little of the melted Flora to grease a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Blitz the hobnobs in a high speed blender until finely ground. With the motor running, pour in the melted Flora.
- Tip into the cake tin and use your hands and the back of a metal dessert spoon to press the mixture into the base of the tin.
- 3 Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan. Using a high-speed blender, blend the filling ingredients, scraping down the sides as needed until you have a really smooth mixture.
- Pour into the chilled biscuit case. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hr 10mins until set, with a very slight jiggle in the middle.
- Rest for 10 mins, then allow to cool completely in the fridge for 4-5 hours, preferably overnight. Don’t worry if it cracks a little - it’s going to be topped with fresh fruit!
- When ready to serve, remove from the tin, top with fresh raspberries and strawberries, and scatter with mint leaves.
With the right balance of flavours, this dairy free cheesecakeis a real crowd-pleaser that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. You can make it ahead of time and keep it in the freezer, and you can also use frozen raspberries when they’re out of season. Plus, taking only 25 minutes to prepare, it’s perfect for those busy days when you’re craving something sweet! Want more fruity cakes like this one? Try our warming rhubarb crumble on wintery nights or our classic vegan apple tart.
~ For the filling ~
- 150g hobnobs
- 60g melted Flora Original
~ To serve / For the topping ~
- 150g cashew nuts
- 250ml coconut cream
- 225g vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp melted Flora Original
- 1 lemon zest and juice
~ To serve/ For the topping ~
- 150g raspberries
- 100g quartered strawberries
- a few mint leaves