Banana & Almond Muffins
Who doesn’t love a muffin? This is a great, easy to make, variation on a familiar breakfast and teatime favourite. These banana and almond muffins are nutritious yet tasty enough to feel like a real treat. And this muffin recipe is so simple to bake – just mix up all the ingredients (you don’t even have to get the lumps out) and divide into muffin cases. Eat deliciously warm.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix very lightly (mix does not have to be smooth).
- Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin tins (lined with paper cases if desired).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC, 180°C fan, gas mark 6 for 20–25 minutes.
- Best served warm.
- 350 g (12oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85 g (3oz) light soft brown sugar
- 85 g (3oz) Flora Original or 85ml of Flora Cuisine
- 1 Large banana
- 55 g (2oz) flaked almonds
- 2 Medium eggs
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) natural low fat yogurt
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) semi-skimmed milk