Banana Fudge Cake
This easy cake recipe calls for the ripest banana you’ve got – perfect for using up specimens that have been hanging around in the fruit bowl for a while! Simple yet gorgeous, this banana fudge cake also includes lots of little bits of chocolate fudge bar and dried banana chips in the mix, with delectable melted dark chocolate and more fudge and dried banana on top.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana and milk together.
- Add the Flora Cuisine, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and egg and whisk well together using an electric mixer.
- Fold in the broken banana chips and diced fudge (keeping a little fudge back for decoration).
- Transfer to a greased, lined 450g/1lb loaf tin or 20cm (8 inch) cake tin and level the top using the back of a damp spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40–45 minutes until the cake is golden-brown, well-risen and spongy to the touch.
- Allow the cake to cool for around 10 minutes before removing it from the tin and leaving it to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate when cool, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cake and top with banana and fudge pieces.
- 1 Large ripe banana
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk
- 70 ml Flora Cuisine
- 95 g self-raising flour
- 90 g soft brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 3 chocolate fudge bars
- 50 g dried banana chips, broken in half (reserve a few whole ones for decoration)
- 50 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces, for decoration