Breakfast Flapjacks with Nuts
These easy oat-filled breakfast flapjacks are chock-full of fruit and nuts. They are delicious and will keep you satisfied and energised throughout the morning! This nutty flapjack recipe combines golden syrup, dried cranberries, oats and banana with a medley of nuts plus sunflower and sesame seeds for added texture. But it’s so simple to make – just mix everything up, smooth into a baking tin and cut into delicious chewy wedges once it comes out of the oven.
The versatility of this breakfast flapjack recipeis endless. Instead of using dried cranberries, you can always use dates, apricots or a mix of dried fruits – whatever is your favourite! And, if you don’t fancy these delicious flapjacks for breakfast, they also make a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
This flapjack with nutsis as easy to make as it is to devour its delicious chewy and tasty texture. To make it, simply follow 4 easy steps and you will have your breakfast flapjack ready in a total of 35 minutes. Amazing, right?
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the Flora and syrup with the bananas and egg.
- Mix well and spoon into a greased shallow 22cm (9 inch) square tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked. Mark into 12 slices whilst still warm.
This breakfast flapjack recipe is so quick, easy and tasty, you can make a batch of these flapjacks on a Sunday and have the perfect on-the-go snack for the rest of the week.
If you loved this recipe, you will want to try our coconutty flapjacks and apricot flapjacks for more on-the-go yumminess. Our cinnamon and raisin cookies are also a great alternative to these nutty flapjacks. With the perfect balance of flavours, mixing the spiciness of the cinnamon and the sweetness of the raisins, they are perfect for an afternoon tea or as a tasty treat!
- 85 g (3oz) mixed nuts e.g. walnuts, almonds, pecans, roughly chopped
- 200 g (7oz) rolled oats
- 85 g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 40 g (1½ oz) dried cranberries
- 70 g (2½ oz) unrefined demerara sugar
- 125 g (4oz) melted Flora Original
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 12.5 g (½ oz) sunflower seeds
- 12.5 g (½ oz) white sesame seeds