Cauliflower & Broccoli
A tasty twist on a classic, this cauliflower cheese gets some added bite thanks the addition of broccoli florets and a melted cheese and breadcrumb crust. Serve this savoury bake as a main meal with a simple herb and tomato salad. Or add it to your Sunday roast as an extra special side dish.
- Cook the cauliflower and broccoli in boiling water for about 8 minutes until almost tender.
- Drain and spoon into an ovenproof dish and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt the Flora in a saucepan, add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring, until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add the drained mushrooms and mustard and heat through.
- Remove from the heat, stir in 85g grated cheese until melted and season to taste with pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked vegetables.
- Mix together the remaining 25g grated cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the sauce.
- Place under a preheated hot grill until the cheese has melted and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve garnished with tomato wedges and parsley.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 225g of Broccoli broken into florets
~ Sauce ~
- 25 g Flora Original
- 115 g mushrooms sliced
- 25 g flour
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard
- 115 g (4oz) medium fat cheese e.g. edam cheese
- grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal breadcrumbs Tomato
- parsley to garnish