Charred Fennel and Butter Bean Salad
Fancy a veggie meal? Simply delicious, try our fennel and butter bean salad for a quick and easy recipe made with fresh vegetables and beans.
Perfect for a light and tasty meal, with less than 10 ingredients, this tasty salad can be the appetiser for a main dish or simply your lunch and dinner. A salad is always a good idea!
- Chop off the tops of the fennel bulbs, reserving any of fronds if there are any. Cut the bulbs in half and slice 1 half into half moons, mix with the lemon zest, half of the lemon juice and the rocket. Season and set aside.
- Slice the remaining fennel into wedges. Heat the Flora Original in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the fennel wedges flat side down and fry for 2-3 mins, then turn so the other flat side is down into the pan and fry for 2 more mins - both sides should be nice and charred.
- Crush the garlic to the pan and fry for 2 mins longer, then turn down the heat and add the white wine. Cook for 2 mins then add the butter beans and chopped parsley and toss.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half and season well. Tip into a serving bowl and top with the raw fennel salad and chopped hazelnuts.
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Handful rocket leaves
- 30g Flora Original
- 1x 400g jar drained butter beans
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 100ml white wine
- 25g chopped parsley
- 30g toasted and roughly chopped hazelnuts