Cherry and Almond Cupcakes
The yummy combination of cherries (fresh, frozen or tinned) with almonds is a real winner, and our cherry cupcakes are here to prove it! This easy baking recipe for cherry and almond cupcakes means you can quickly bring out a scrummy treat for a special teatime – they’ll really brighten your day! Topped with a delicious almondy buttercream icing and more gem-like cherries, these simple little cakes look as good as they taste.
Almond is one of those ingredients whose flavour can be sometimes underappreciated, but cherry and almond go so well together that this cherry cupcake recipe will for sure be a winner amongst both kids and adults. They are light yet moist, full of delicious almond flavour and unique in taste. The cherries and their gorgeous look are just a bonus! These cherry cupcakes are so bright and festive they are very hard to resist. A beautiful treat made from scratch that is just delightful!
Baking these tasty cherry almond cupcakes only takes 4 easy steps. It’s a perfect bake for a quiet afternoon in the kitchen!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessert spoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to the touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and then spread or pipe over the cakes. Decorate with cherries!
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs medium
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) self-raising flour
- 15 g (½ oz) ground almonds
- 0.5 tsp almond essence
- 55 g (2oz) fresh, canned, or frozen cherries, roughly chopped