Cherry Bakewell Cake
Why have tarts when you can have a whole cake? For those Bakewell cake fans, this rich, moist cherry Bakewell cake is a guaranteed winner. Packed full of flavour, the cherries, almond and white chocolate complement each other perfectly. It makes a great centrepiece for a dinner party dessert but is classic enough to also take pride of place at an afternoon tea. Serve with a cuppa for a little slice of Bakewell heaven!
If you have a birthday coming up, don’t hesitate to make the celebration even more special with this beautiful and cheerful cheery Bakewell cake! Full of almond flavour and cherries, anyone who loves this traditional cake will love our cherry Bakewell cake recipe. Our easy Bakewell cake can be prepared in only 15 minutes and cooked in another 40, so it’s perfect both as a weekday and weekend treat.
This Bakewell cake recipe is very easy to follow. Here’s all you need to know to make a Bakewell cake in 6 simple steps.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/160°C fan/350°F.
- Using a food processor or an electric mixer, blend together the Flora Cuisine, sugar, flour, ground almonds, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Place half of the mix into a greased, lined 20cm (8 inch) round cake tin and smooth out.
- Dot the chocolate spread, ½ tsp at a time, all over and scatter with the stoned cherries.
- Drop the remainder of the cake mix in dollops over the cherries and spread to cover. Scatter with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Test by poking with a skewer; if it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
Looking for more traditional desserts like a Bakewell cake? We have an extensive list of sweet and flavourful recipes that will make all of your dreams come true. Our dairy-free Victoria sponge cake recipe is a light and fluffy treat with deliciously fruity jam and sweet icing sugar. If you fancy something warm, then our heart-warming rhubarb crumble is the way to go!
- 150 ml Flora Original
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tsp white chocolate spread
- 150 g cherries, stones removed
- 25 g flaked almonds