Chicken Kebab on Jewelled Rice
These easy kebabs are made extra tasty by marinating in soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice or wine vinegar. Then they’re brushed with Flora Original to keep them deliciously moist. The family will enjoy a chicken kebab on jewelled rice, and you’ll be glad to have another simple dinner recipe with plenty of veggies – chunks of red and green peppers in with the chicken and raisins, onion and parsley with the rice.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, stir in the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 8 skewers with alternate pieces of red and green peppers and onion.
- Melt 15g (½oz) Flora and use to brush the kebabs before cooking under the grill for 12–15 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat the remaining Flora in a saucepan, add the red onion and cook for 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown.
- Add the cooked rice together with the raisins and stir to heat through.
- Mix in the chopped parsley or celery leaves into the rice mixture and add a little lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of rice.
~ Marinade ~
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
~ Kebabs ~
- 550 g (1¼lb) skinless and boneless chicken breast fillet, cubed
- 1 Small red pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 25 g (1oz) Flora Original spread
~ Rice ~
- 350 g (12oz) long grain rice
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped and/or celery leaves
- lemon juice