When the taste of India is calling, you needn’t rush to the take-away. With this authentic recipe, you can deliver a cracking curry straight from your own kitchen. The aromatic mix of almonds, garlic, cumin, coriander and cream creates a smooth and nutty sauce that blends beautifully with chicken and rice. You can even add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to give a little kick.
- Put the onions, garlic, ginger and almonds into a food processor.
- Add 6 tablespoons cold water and blend to a paste.
- Heat the Flora in a pan; add the chicken, cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add the onion paste, coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
- Cook, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the Elmlea and 100ml (4fl oz) water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Stir the garam masala and fresh coriander into the chicken mixture and serve with the rice.
- Garnish with toasted flaked almonds if desired.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece fresh root ginger, chopped
- 55 g (2oz) flaked almonds
- 25 g (1oz) Flora Original or 2 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 550 g (1 1/4lb) chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 cardamom pods, split
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 84 ml Elmlea Single Light
- 350 g (12oz) basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 - 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- toasted flaked almonds to garnish (optional)