Chicken Roast Dinner
Nothing beats a roast dinner for mealtime satisfaction and bringing the whole family to the table. This recipe makes a chicken roast dinner so easy – slathered with Flora, plus garlic, lemon and herbs, the roasting chicken drips its flavoursome juices onto a bed of layered potatoes while it cooks. It’s simple yet really special – just add your favourite veggies to complete the dish.
- Layer the potatoes and onion in a shallow ovenproof dish, large enough to hold the chicken.
- Pour over the stock and dot with half the Flora.
- Mix together the remaining spread with the garlic, lemon rind and herbs, and carefully loosen the skin of the chicken over the breast.
- Spread the flavoured Flora inside the chicken skin.
- Quarter the lemon and place in the chicken cavity and then place the chicken on the potatoes.
- Cook in preheated oven 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6 for about 1 hour 45 minutes or until well cooked through.
- Serve without the chicken skin to reduce the fat content of the meal.
- 450 g (1lb) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 300 ml (½ pint) chicken stock
- 25 g Flora Original
- 1.6 kg (3½lb) chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped