Chocolate and Orange Polenta Cake
This chocolate and orange polenta cake is an amazing sweet treat that tastes indulgent and contains wholesome ingredients. Our chocolate polenta cake recipe is so bursting with flavour! The polenta adds a delicious crumbly, grainy texture to the cake but manages to stay moist with a classic spongy feel. The incredible richness of this chocolate polenta cake comes from the cacao powder combined with the orange, giving this cake its classic chocolate orange taste.
There’s no better way to finish a family dinner than with this decadent and indulgent chocolate and orange cake, which is drizzled with orange syrup – and dairy-free. Best way to serve? Warm with a generous dollop of rich vanilla ice cream!
Ready to taste this chocolate-y, orange-y dream all wrapped up in this chocolate and orange cake? You are only 6 steps away!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 140°C fan, gas mark 3.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Spoon into a greased and bottom lined 23cm round cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 1-1/4 hours until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, make the orange syrup by heating together the orange juice and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the orange syrup over the top of the cake.
- Delicious served warm with a good quality vanilla ice cream.
This light, fluffy and flavoursome chocolate polenta cake will dazzle any guests. If this recipe was a success, you should try making our delicious Bakewell cake. This moist cake is a guaranteed classic winner for any dinner party dessert or little treat at an afternoon tea. Although our peach and raspberry crumble with its crunchy sweetness is all rewards as it is a breeze to make and so tasty!
- 250 g Flora Dairy Free
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 150 g polenta
- 150 g plain flour, sieved together with
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 oranges, grated rind plus
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 g golden caster sugar