Dairy Free Banana Bread
Want to learn how to make banana bread? With only 15 minutes of preparation, our dairy free banana bread recipe is easy, moist and, simply, perfection! Look no further for a fool-proof banana bread without dairy that turns out perfect every time.
This isn’t only a tasty, cake-like dish, but also a good banana bread recipe to use up any over-ripe bananas. The riper they are, the better! And, if you let the kids join in with the mashing (and maybe let them lick the bowl), they’ll be even more excited when they find a few slices in their lunchbox at school. Remember, a warming and moist dairy free banana bread, made using the ripest bananas, is best served in slices and one of the most popular recipes out there.
Ready to bake your banana bread from scratch? The process is very simple. You only need to follow the steps below to prepare your ingredients and let the oven do its magic!
- Place the soya milk and lemon juice in a large bowl and leave for 2 minutes.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon over the milk and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well together until evenly blended.
- Pour into a greased and bottom lined 900g (2 lb) loaf tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C, 160°C or gas mark 4 for 75 mins or until cooked through.
- When a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, wait 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire tray to cool.
For your next big baking adventure, or if you need to use up any more ripped bananas, why not try making banana bread muffins instead? Just like with a dairy free banana breadloaf, they freeze perfectly if you want to keep them for longer! Simply take them out of the freezer and let them reach room temperature before serving.
If you want to taste other similar recipes, we recommend that you try our date and walnut loaf recipe for the perfect treat packed with fruits and nuts, or our dairy-free Victoria sponge cake recipe for a classic dessert with a nice cup of tea!
- 100 ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250 g soft brown sugar
- 2 - 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 75 g Flora Dairy Free
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract