Dairy Free Carrot Cake
Whether it’s a proper tea party or just a cuppa with a friend, this classic dairy-free carrot cake recipe is a must at any teatime. Covered in a luscious dairy-free icing for carrot cake and topped with pecan halves, you’ll probably have another cup of tea just to have another slice!
Dairy-free cake recipes (carrot cake, chocolate, lemon… you name it!) are equally tasty and very easy to make. Proof of this is our dairy-free carrot cake, that has a wholesome and hearty feel, while being perfectly moist, rich, and absolutely delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, gas mark 4.
- Place the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture between two greased and bottom lined 20cm sandwich tins and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Bake until it has risen well and if a skewer that is inserted in the centre of each cake comes out clean.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by beating together the icing ingredients, except the pecan halves, until well mixed.
- When the cakes are completely cold, sandwich together with half of the icing and spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake. Decorate with reserved pecan halves.
If you loved this recipe, we have a great collection of dairy-free recipes that will certainly satisfy your appetite! Have a taste of our rich and indulgent vegan chocolate cake or apple tart if you’re craving for something sweet. Fancy something savoury? Then you can try our dairy-free chicken, leek and ham pie!
~ Ingredients for our dairy-free carrot cake ~
- 150 g Flora Dairy Free
- 200 g light soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour sieved together with
- 2 tsp baking powder and
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 175 g carrots, grated
- 220 g tinned pineapple rings, drained to give 140 g pineapple, finely chopped
- 75 g pecans, roughly chopped
~ Icing ingredients ~
- 200 g dairy-free cream cheese (violife creamy original – dairy/lactose/soya/gluten free & vegan)
- 2 - 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- Pecan halves for decoration