Decadent Tomato & Mascarpone Soup
A rich luxurious soup recipe, bursting with tomato flavour and colour, that’ll warm you right up. Blending in thick creamy mascarpone cheese makes every spoonful smooth and satisfying, while mixed herbs, potatoes, carrots and stock add depth of flavour. This easy tomato and mascarpone soup is simple and quite quick to prepare but still adds a touch of decadence to your meal table – especially served with fresh crusty bread.
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds, placing them in a sieve to strain out any juice, which is to be reserved.
- Quarter the tomato halves.
- Heat Flora Cuisine in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in onion, potatoes and carrots and fry, for 10 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and their juice, mixed herbs and 1 bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and, using a hand blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to pan. Add in remaining bay leaf, mascarpone, sugar and tomato puree, mixing in.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until heated through. Serve with crusty bread and Flora Original.
- 500 g tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 0.5 onion, sliced
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 100 g mascarpone
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- crusty bread and Flora Original