Easy Banana Cupcakes
Sweet and delicious: Banana cupcakes are a regular crowd-pleaser for good reason.
These little cupcakes are packed with banana-y flavour and are super easy to make. The secret is to mash a whole ripe banana right into the cake batter and beat all the ingredients together well. Then carry on baking your cupcakes as usual. Topped with a slightly fudgy buttercream icing (made with Flora) and your choice of dried banana chips or popping candy for extra fun, this easy banana cupcake recipe is simple but delicious.
Not sure how to make banana cupcakes? With our easy banana cupcake recipe, it takes just 5 quick steps.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix the icing ingredients together and then spread or pipe over the cakes. Decorate with banana chips or popping candy to finish.
These easy banana cupcakes take just over half an hour to go from raw ingredients to delicious treats so they’re perfect if you need to make something sweet in a hurry.
And if you’re looking for more than just tips on how to make banana cupcakes, then why not browse the rest of our cake recipes? Our banana and almond muffins are a natural progression from this banana cupcake recipe but we have plenty of other banana-based treats you might want to try – like our moist dairy-free banana bread, rich banana and walnut loaf and show-stopping banana fudge cake. If you want to stick with cupcakes, why not try different fruit options like lemon cupcakes, apple cupcakes or even raisin and fudge cupcakes.
~ Cupcakes ~
- 115 g (4 oz) Flora Original
- 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
~ Icing ~
- 55 g (2 oz) Flora Original
- 225 g icing sugar sieved
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- banana chips or popping candy to decorate