Easy Vegan Risotto
If you like to put your own twist on a recipe, then risotto is for you. You can add pretty much anything to it, turning it into the perfect dish to cater to different dietary requirements.
For those looking for vegan risotto recipes, this classic risotto primavera is the perfect base. Full of flavour and freshness, you can experiment with the vegetables to cater it to your tastes.
Never tried making vegan risotto recipes before? This super-easy vegan risotto is sure to hit the spot and involves just 7 simple steps. Once you’ve mastered this classic, don’t forget to experiment by adding different vegetable combinations and getting numerous meal ideas from this versatile dish.
- Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the vegan risotto has a creamy consistency.
- Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the vegan cheese, stirring until melted through. You can leave this ingredient out if you prefer but it will affect the consistency a little.
- Finish with cracked black pepper and vegan parmesan and serve straight away. We told you it was easy!
~ Vegan risotto ingredients ~
- 25 g Flora Original
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g Arborio rice
- 700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 300 ml vegan dry white wine (optional but increase stock to 1 litre if not used)
- 250 g frozen petit pois
- 125 g asparagus tips, each cut into three
- 175 g spinach, washed and drained
- 75 g vegan Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper