Fruit and Cereal Bars
These fruit and cereal bars are a perfect substitute for a bowl of cereal in the morning – and, if you make these the night before, you can cool them overnight for when you have to rush out the door. A winner with everyone from parents to kids, this tasty recipe creates 16 bars - making plenty to go around!
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4.
- Place the Flora Cuisine, honey cinnamon and sugar in a pan and gently heat, stirring, until it all melts together.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased, lined 22cm square baking tray.
- Press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden-brown.
- Once baked, cut them into 16 bars, allowing them to cool a little before lifting the bars out.
- 100 ml Flora Cuisine
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 200 g porridge oats
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 50 g chopped walnuts or almonds
- 100 g dried fruit, such as dried cranberries or chopped apricots