Homemade Vegan Garlic Bread
Looking for a casual yet mouth-watering starter or side dish for an Italian family dinner or a night in with friends? Try our easy vegan garlic bread recipe! Oozing with vegan garlic butter and with a delightfully crunchy crust, this vegan garlic bread made with Flora Dairy Free is a hit with guests young and old and is best eaten straight away (but honestly, you’ll struggle to not eat it straight out of the oven).
Ready to learn how to make vegan garlic bread? Here’s how it’s done.
- Use a spoon to mix the Flora with the crushed garlic and chopped parsley (or use a mini blitzer) to make a garlic butter.
- Tip the flour into a mixing bowl, add the yeast, sugar and salt and stir.
- Flora Dairy Free into a jug with 300ml warm water. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip the water mixture in. Mix using a wooden spoon, then use your hands to bring together. Pour the melted
- Tip the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for around 5 mins, until smooth, dusting with flour if it sticks at all.
- Flora Dairy Free to grease a 30cm roasting tin, tip the dough into the tin and use your hands to stretch it out to the edges, dot with most of the garlic butter, spreading it a little with the back of your spoon. Cover with cling film and allow to rise for 40-50 mins, until puffy. It may take a little longer if your kitchen is cold! Use some
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220C/200C fan. Scatter the bread with flaky salt and bake for 20–25 mins, until golden.
- Allow to rest for around 15 mins then serve with the remaining garlic butter.
Now you know how to make vegan garlic bread! If you’re having lots of guests, you may want to double the recipe and use two tins as you don’t want to scrimp on your freshly baked bread. This is also a perfect recipe if you want to shine at a potluck dinner – just make sure you either make it on the premises or don’t have to travel too far to keep it fresh.