Ever felt overwhelmed by a large party coming over for dinner or some little picky eaters? Everyone needs a basic spaghetti bolognese recipethat tastes great no matter how simple. Our spaghetti bologneseis an easy but yummy recipe that includes mushrooms, carrots, celery, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce for extra flavour.
And don’t worry, you don’t require advanced cooking skills to make it. This simple Italian classic can be easily home-cooked from scratch and enjoyed by the whole family. Our special bolognese sauce recipe needs a long, slow cooking to develop richness but it’s very simple really – you don’t need to worry about it while it’s bubbling away! Then just add your pasta and grated parmesan to the classic tomato-based sauce for the perfect spaghetti bolognese.
- Heat the Flora and sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 10 minutes without browning. Add the mushrooms and mince to the pan and cook until evenly brown. Add the remaining ingredients, except the spaghetti and cheese, and bring to the boil while stirring continuously. Cover and simmer gently for 1–1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water for 12–15 minutes. Once ready you can drain.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a deep dish, pour the meat sauce over and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Finish with fresh basil and Parmesan.
This easy bolognese recipe is bursting with Italian flavour and will become a family favourite for any day. Don’t forget that you can always add other vegetables to your spag bol to help the little ones reach their five a day. Why not try adding courgettes or serving it with a green salad? The kitchen is all yours, chef! For more beloved dishes around the world, try our pork and mushroom stroganoff or heart-warming chicken stew.
- 15g Flora Buttery
- 1 carrot, very finely chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick, optional, chopped
- 55 g (2oz) mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 350 g (12oz) lean beef mince
- ground black pepper
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp beef stock
- 225 g (8oz) spaghetti
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese