Weekends are a time to treat ourselves and our loved ones with tasty meals. With a long week behind us, we can often be lazy to cook an elaborate dish. So, when it comes to these lazy mornings, why not go back to basics with an American pancake recipe? With only 6 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation, these thick and fluffy American pancakesare ready to stack high on a plate (just like in the movies) and are great for feeding a starving crowd of kids and adults alike at breakfast or brunch. It ticks all of the boxes!
The difference from regular pancakes is that these ones bubble and rise a little in the pan – but they are still wonderfully simple to make. Follow our delicious easy American pancake recipeand serve them with Flora Original, syrup and fruit, or even crispy bacon for a special treat! You will love everything about these pancakes. Their lovely round shape and amazing light texture will make you hungry as soon as you see them.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the middle and set aside.
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix the wet ingredients and whisk together until they are well combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until just moistened. The mixture will be lumpy but that’s fine.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little Flora Cuisine. Once it's hot, drop ladles of the mix onto the pan. Once they are bubbly on the top and the edges appear dry (after about 2 minutes), it’s time to turn them.
- Cook for a further 2 mins. Serve immediately with a dollop of Flora Buttery and maple or golden syrup.
Now that you know how to make American pancakes to perfection, you can adapt the recipe and top your next ones with any toppings of your choice depending on your mood. You can also come up with a fun family activity and let the little ones explore their creativity by decorating their own American pancakes!
If you want more delicious recipe ideas for breakfast, try our banana cupcakes or some tasty on-the-go apricot flapjacks.
- 125 g (4.5 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium egg
- 250 ml (8fl oz) milk
- 2 tbsp Flora Buttery