Italian Vegetable Risotto
Try our simple classic Italian Vegetable Risotto recipe. It is packed full of flavour and fresh vegetables. Easy to make, quick and low calories.
- Melt half the Flora in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- In another pan, keep the stock hot.
- Using a ladle, add about 150ml (¼ pint) hot stock and simmer the rice gently, stirring frequently, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock in this way and cooking (about 10 minutes) until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the vegetables and continue cooking gently for about 5 minutes until the rice and vegetables are tender, virtually all the stock has been absorbed and the mixture is creamy.
- Season to taste and stir in the herbs and remaining Flora before serving.
- 40 g Flora Light
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 280 g Arborio rice
- 900 ml vegetable stock pot
- 400 g mixed fresh vegetables such as asparagus, diced red pepper, baby corn, button mushroom slices, tiny broccoli spears, courgette mange touts
- 410 g can chick peas drained and rinsed
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme