Lemon and Blueberry Muffins
Muffins are almost always surprisingly easy to make and this recipe for lemon blueberry muffins is no different!
Simple, delicious and full of fruity flavours, just mix up all the ingredients, including fresh or frozen blueberries and lemon zest. Pour into muffin cases to have a warm, sweet-smelling treat ready in no time. Great for a special breakfast or just to brighten up teatime a little – the choice is yours!
Making these lemon and blueberry muffins couldn’t be simpler. Divided into just 8 easy steps, you’ll have delicious fruity treats ready to taste in no time.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Flora Original and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined – don’t worry too much about lumps!
- Finally, throw in the blueberries. Stir to distribute them as evenly as possible in the batter of your lemon blueberry muffins.
- Divide the muffin mix among 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin (you can sprinkle some Demerara on top if you wish).
- Bake your easy lemon blueberry muffins in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
This easy lemon blueberry muffin recipe combines the tart sweetness of lemons with the juicy flavour of blueberries for the perfect breakfast option or after-dinner treat. Serve it with a warming cup of unsweetened tea or coffee for the perfect start to the day.
If our blueberry and lemon muffins recipe has got you eager to try more great bakes with fruit then why not take a look at our other recipes? Our quick and easy, yet oh-so-tasty, lemon cupcakes are always a crowd pleaser but there are other variations you can try – like lemon butterfly cakes or lemon cupcakes with passionfruit cream.
It’s not just about lemons either: our peach and raspberry crumble is a winter favourite while our banana and almond muffins are another great breakfast choice.
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml (¼ pt) milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g (11oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g blueberries - fresh or frozen