A simple classic guaranteed to put smiles on your family’s faces. You really can’t go wrong with a good old-fashioned pancake - even when little hands are involved! You’re sure to find all the ingredients in your kitchen too. Perfect for Pancake Day or a yummy breakfast treat! Tang taste buds with a little lemon and sugar on top, or go big with something more elaborate like squirty cream. Say when!
- For the batter, sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, mixing well.
- Gradually stir in half the milk and beat thoroughly.
- Stir in remaining milk and beat lightly.
- Heat a little Flora in a medium-sized pan over a low heat until fairly hot.
- Slide it around to grease the pan then pour the excess into a jug, ready for the next pancake.
- Pour a little batter into the pan; tip pan to spread batter and make very thin coating.
- Cook until the underside is golden brown and the top is covered with bubbles.
- Toss or turn over and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Place the pancake on a plate, sprinkle with lemon juice and caster sugar or 2 teaspoons of jam.
- Roll loosely and again sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and keep hot under a very low grill, or in a pre-heated oven 140º (120ºC fan oven, Gas mark 1), until all your pancakes are ready.
- Add more melted Flora to the pan each time to prevent sticking. Serve with lemon wedges.
~ Batter ~
- 115 g (4 oz) plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 300 ml (½ pint) milk or milk and water
- Flora Original for frying -
~ To Serve ~
- Caster sugar
- Lemon wedges