Lemon Roasted Potatoes
These yummy scrummy lemon-roasted potatoes are a recipe that’s the perfect accompaniment for roasted or grilled meats – or indeed any main dish at all! Little potatoes are halved and par-boiled then tossed in a baking dish with a mixture of sunny Flora Original and lemon juice. Then just roast in an oven that’s already nice and hot – they won’t even take half an hour to finish up.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, 200°C fan, gas mark 7.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan.
- Add cold water, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly fork-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Potatoes should still be quite hard, or they will go mushy when you roast them.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk Flora Original with lemon juice.
- As soon as potatoes are cooked, drain them well.
- Turn potatoes into a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Toss with lemon juice mixture and bake in preheated oven, turning them occasionally until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, herbs or green onions and season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- 500 g (1lb 2 oz) baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 25 g (1oz) Flora Original, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice zest of 1 Large lemon, finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, parsley, basil or green onions, finely chopped