Nutty Mushroom and Coriander Pilaf
Are your taste buds searching for something new? Try this nutty mushroom and coriander pilaf recipe. Bursting with earthy flavours, it’s a hearty dish that’s perfect as a main, or served as a smaller side portion.
- Heat Flora Dairy Free and oil in a large pan and fry the onion until soft, but not browned.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, chilli (if using), rice, turmeric and cook gently while stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms then pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook over a gentle heat for about 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir the pine nuts and coriander through the rice and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
- 25 g Flora Dairy Free
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ready crushed chilli (optional)
- 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric
- 200 g easy cook brown rice
- 125 g button mushrooms, halved
- 425 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- bunch coriander (31 g pack), chopped
- salt and black pepper