Pan-Fried Sea Bass Fillet with Crushed New Potatoes & Green Beans
This delicious and different pan-fried sea bass fillet recipe is easy to prepare but ever so tasty – perfect for a light dinner at any point during the year.
Preparing this recipe only takes 15 minutes and another 15 for cooking. All you need to do is, first, coat the fillets with these tasty spices for sea bass: crushed fennel seeds, peppercorns, cardamom and coriander. Then, boil the new potatoes and green beans, and once these are cooking pan-fry the fish with some fresh lemon juice. For the last touch, crush the spuds and mix with Flora. You’re ready to serve your spiced pan-fried sea bass with crushed new potatoes and green beans!
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the new potatoes and boil for 15 minutes until tender, adding the green beans to the same pan after 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, using a pestle and mortar or electric grinder, finely grind together the star anise, fennel, peppercorns, cardamom and coriander. Spread the spice mixture out on a large plate.
- Season the sea bass fillets with salt and thoroughly coat the fillets in the spice mixture on both sides.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan heat 15g Flora Original. Add in the spiced sea bass fillets and fry for 3 minutes each side. Add in the lemon juice
- Using the back of a fork to lightly crush the cooked new potatoes, mix with remaining Gold from Flora and season with salt.
- Sprinkle the sea bass with parsley and serve with the crushed potatoes and green beans.
Why not try another one of our delicious fish recipes? Our pan-fried paprika and chilli salmon is the perfect quick and easy dish with which to impress any guests, kids and adults alike. If you want to take your skills even further, our fish and leek pie is an extremely satisfying and creamy recipe with endless possibilities
- 200 g new potatoes
- 120 g green beans
- 4-star anise
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 4 cardamom pods
- 0.5 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 30 g Flora Original
- Juice of 0.5 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped