Pappardelle with Meatballs
Pasta and meatballs is a classic combination. This recipe for pappardelle with meatballs is a simple variation, but with a bit of a twist. Added to these thin strips of pasta are tasty little balls of herby minced chicken, cooked in a tomatoey stock sauce, thickened with flour and Flora. Chopped green peppers add a colourful touch. You’ll get 24 meatballs from this recipe – enough for the whole family!
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme and seasoning. Shape the mixture into 24 small balls.
- Melt the Flora in a pan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, gradually stir in the stock and then add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until the sauce comes to the boil and thickens slightly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the meatballs, spooning the sauce over them. Cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring gently occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle according to packet instructions and add the green pepper for the final 2–3 minutes.
- Drain the pappardelle and serve topped with the meatballs and sauce.
- 450 g (1lb) chicken mince
- 55 g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 25 g (1oz) Flora Original or 2 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 300 ml boiling water (to make stock)
- 200 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 350 g (12oz) pappardelle pasta
- 1 green pepper deseeded and chopped