These spiced pumpkin cookies are a great treat to enjoy in between decorating the house and finishing off any Halloween costumes. Warming cinnamon and ginger go perfectly with the moist pumpkin for a scarily moreish afternoon treat. Makes 20.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C (180 ° C fan oven), Gas mark 6 and line two trays with baking paper.
- Mix the Flora, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom. Stir well until combined.
- Finally add the pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Using a tablespoon spoon the dough out onto the baking trays, leaving some space between each cookie in case they spread a little in the oven. Flatten each cookie slightly using your hand or a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until light brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
- 125 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 200 g (7oz) caster sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 300 g (10oz) plain flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
- 150 g (5oz) pumpkin (grated)
~ Equipment ~
- Baking paper
- 2x baking trays