Roast Chicken with Lemon and Thyme
Nothing brings the family to the table like a delicious roast chicken. Made using Gold from Flora, our version delivers moist, juicy chicken, flavoured with lemon, thyme and garlic, and served with crisp sliced potatoes, dripping with the juices. All you need to add are your vegetables of choice. What a feast.
- Layer the potatoes and onion in a shallow ovenproof dish, large enough to hold the chicken.
- our over the stock and dot with half the Flora.
- Mix together the remaining spread with the garlic, lemon rind and herbs, and carefully loosen the skin of the chicken over the breast.
- Spread the flavoured Flora inside the chicken skin.
- Quarter the lemon and place in the chicken cavity and then place the chicken on the potatoes.
- Cook in preheated oven 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6 for about 1 hour 45 minutes or until well cooked through.
- Serve without the chicken skin to reduce the fat content of the meal.
- 450 g (1lb) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
- 25 g Gold from Flora
- 1.6 kg (3 1/2lb) whole chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped