Strawberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes
These gorgeous cupcakes have chopped strawberries and melted white chocolate stirred right into the mix – delicious. But like all cupcakes, this recipe is still quick and easy to turn out, taking just 20 minutes to bake in the oven. Perfect for unexpected guests during the strawberry season!
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs.
- Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour.
- Place all the ingredients but with only 50g chopped strawberries in a mixing bowl.
- beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed.
- Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch.
- Cool on a wire tray.
A simple Flora Original and chocolate buttercream icing is the finishing touch, along with dark chocolate-dipped strawberries sitting on top!
~ Cupcakes ~
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 115 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs Medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 55 g (2oz) white chocolate, melted
- 115 g (4oz) strawberries
~ Icing ~
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Original
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp milk
- 25 g (1oz) white chocolate or dark chocolate
~ Decoration ~
- 55 g (2oz) dark chocolate, melted