Thai Chilli Prawns
Embrace Thai spices in this delicious oriental-inspired dish. We love this simple recipe for Thai sticky chilli prawns– it’s sweet, tangy, spicy… and of course, sticky.
Coated with a sauce that includes diced red pepper, garlic, ginger, tomato ketchup, and tabasco, you won’t be able to keep your fingers off these tasty Thai chilli prawns. Finish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice before serving with rice or toasted pittas. You won’t regret it.
Tried a recipe for Thai chilli prawns before and found it difficult? No need to worry – our quick and easy sticky chilli prawns recipe takes just 8 steps to make, so you can enjoy a deliciously tangy dinner without working up a sweat in the kitchen.
- Heat the Flora Original in a frying pan. Add in the onion and fry until softened.
- Add the red pepper and fry, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and fry for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and fry, stirring, until they have just turned pink.
- Add the tomato ketchup and tabasco sauce (to taste).
- Add coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness and flavour.
- Cook the whole thing for 2–3 minutes until the prawns are cooked and the sauce is sticky.
- Serve your delicious Thai chilli prawns with either toasted pitta bread or rice.
- To serve, sprinkle with roughly chopped coriander and lemon wedges.
An added bonus of this quick and easy Thai chilli prawns recipe is that it only uses one pot to make so you’re not left with a mountain of washing-up at the end of the evening.
Once you’ve mastered this recipe for Thai chilli prawns, why not experiment with different meats and vegetables to achieve different flavours? The sticky sauce works particularly well with white meats like pork.
~ Thai chilli prawns ingredients ~
- 1 tbsp Flora Original
- 1 Large onions, diced
- 1 Large red peppers, diced
- 1 Large clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 400 g raw peeled prawns (thawed if frozen)
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice