Valentine Red Velvet Cupcakes
What better way to say ‘I care’ than with a moist, decadent red velvet cupcake, topped with chocolate swirls and scattered with edible-paper love hearts? If you’re cooking a romantic dinner, then these cupcakes make an ideal dessert (especially for Valentine’s Day). Or simply share them with someone special, such as your kids or your best friend. After all, who can resist?
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs.
- Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a wooden spoon 2/3 minutes until well mixed.
- Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch.
- Cool on a wire tray. Mix icing ingredients together and spread or pipe over the cakes.
- Decorate with heart shaped cake decorations.
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 15 g (½oz) cocoa powder
- 30 ml red food colouring gel
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Original
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp milk Heart shaped pink or red cake decorations