Give meat a miss and let the vegetables take the spotlight with tasty yet healthy fritters. They’re jam-packed with red pepper, sweetcorn, peas, onions and courgette, then finished off in the pan to give them an almighty crunch. A generous helping of mint gives these fritters intense freshness, whilst the red chilli gives it a hint of heat. Serve simply with a fresh green salad or even as an impressive side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced courgette, green pepper, red onion, tomatoes, spring onion, chillies, sweetcorn, grated potatoes, peas, garlic and mint and mix together thoroughly.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Break in the eggs, add in the flour and mix.
- Heat the Flora Cuisine in a, heavy-based frying pan.
- Add in 3–4 large separate spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, forming 3–4 fritters.
- Fry over medium heat for around 2 minutes until set and golden-brown, then turn and fry for 2 minutes to brown the other side.
- Reduce the heat and fry for 3–5 minutes more to make sure the centres are cooked through.
- Remove and keep warm.
Repeat the process, frying the remaining fritters in batches as above, until all the fritter mixture has been used.
- 2 courgette, finely diced
- 1 green or red pepper, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 2- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies (optional), finely chopped
- resh sweetcorn kernels
- scraped from one cob of sweetcorn or a handful of canned sweetcorn
- drained 2 medium potatoes
- grated a handful of frozen peas
- thawed 1 large garlic clove
- crushed 10 fresh mint leaves
- finely shredded salt and pepper
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine