Create a Board
Banana Walnut Loaf
You’ll need not one, not two, but three large ripe bananas to make this easy banana walnut loaf recipe – we think you’ll agree that it’s definitely worth it! This deliciously moist cake, best served in thick slices, is one of the most popular treats out there. Don’t worry about picky eaters, a banana and walnut loaf is sure to triumph amongst adults and children alike!
Packed with banana flavour and the complementary rich taste and crunchiness of walnuts, this banana walnut loaf is simple to bake and very easy to eat. An indulgent and yummy addition to any family meal that has a preparation time of only 15 minutes! It’s great for an indulgent breakfast, tea, or even as a dessert.
Who would have thought that baking this tasty banana walnut loaf only takes 3 simple steps and 8 ingredients? Now everyone can enjoy this tea-time classic!
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well together. Place mixture in a greased and bottom-lined 1kg (2lb) loaf tin.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated oven 160°C, 150°C fan, gas mark 3 for 1¼–1½ hours. Turn out and cool on a wire tray.
- Brush the top of the loaf with a little apricot jam and arrange the nuts on top.
This recipe is simply perfectly sweetened and has the right texture to impress anyone who tries it. The best thing about it, besides being the perfect accompaniment to your tea or coffee, is that you can eat it at any time of the day and pair it with any condiment of your choice, such as nut butter. Plus, you can easily keep its flavour intact in the freezer so don’t worry about wasting any of it!
If this recipe leaves you craving for more, then you should try our dairy-free coffee and walnut cake – it has the most ideal balance of its two main ingredients! But if coffee is not your thing, then our chocolate and orange polenta cake is the winner. Decadent and indulgent, make sure to serve it warm with some rich vanilla ice cream.
~ Ingredients for banana & walnut loaf ~
- 125 ml Flora Cuisine
- 175 g (6oz) soft brown sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, medium, beaten
- 225 g (8oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 85 g (3oz) walnuts, chopped
- Assorted nuts to decorate, optional