Create a Board
Carrot Orange Soup
This recipe is a classic flavour combination – and the rich colour will brighten any winter day. Carrot and orange soup might sound unusual, but we think the family will soon be swarming to warm themselves up with this simple to make dish. It’s enriched with potatoes, milk and stock to make it hearty and filling but it still has a distinctive tang you’ll all love.
- Heat the Flora in a pan, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly before tipping into a blender or food processor and puréeing until smooth.
- Return to the pan, season to taste and add a little extra stock to thin the soup if required.
- Heat through and serve.
- 15 g (½oz) Flora Original or 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 225 g (8oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 300 ml (½ pint) semi-skimmed milk
- about 600 ml (1 pint) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- ground black pepper