Create a Board
Most people love tucking into pittas – especially kids. For them it’s exciting to discover the mix of flavours nestled inside that pocket of bread. Feel free to experiment with this recipe by swapping out the chicken for cubes of lamb, or adding in alternative veggies and enjoy. To complete this tasty lunchbox, just add a couple Dairy Free Oaty Cranberry and Coconut Crumbles , a banana and some sugar snap peas.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and mix together with 3 tbsps Flora Cuisine, tikka powder, garlic paste and lemon juice.
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight.
- Heat remaining Flora Cuisine in a frying pan, add in marinated chicken and fry for 3–4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is properly cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the pittas in the oven.
- Once the pitta is hot, cut each one along one side to open them into ‘pockets’ and fill them with the salad mixture.
- Divide the chicken tikka mixture among the pitta pockets and serve.
- 4 chicken breast fillet, chopped into small chunks
- 4 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 2 tbsp tikka curry powder
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 pitta breads
~ Salad mixture ~
- lettuce, tomatoes and a small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp of garlic paste