Create a Board
Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken tikka masala is officially one of the nation’s favourites – and this dinner recipe means it’s pretty simple to make, too. It really is easy – just marinate succulent chicken breasts in lime, coriander, chilli, ginger and other spices, then cook them gently in Flora Cuisine or Flora Original. Finally smother the spicy chicken in a masala sauce with low-fat natural yogurt or Elmlea and serve with coriander leaves and rice.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and mix with the ginger, garlic, chilli, black pepper, coriander and lime.
- Set aside to allow flavours to develop.
- Heat half the Flora in a heavy based frying pan and fry the chicken for 8–10 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining Flora in a pan and cook the onion and red chilli for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock pot, Elmlea and/or yogurt and heat through gently.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with rice and vegetables.
- 3-4 chicken breast fillets (450 g), skinned and cubed
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 50 ml Flora Cuisine or 50g Flora Original
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.5 Chicken Stock Pot
- 284 ml pot Elmlea single or mixed with natural low fat yogurt
- fresh coriander to garnish
- 300 g white basmati rice, to serve