Create a Board
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Light and fluffy sponge, rich and sweet chocolate – choc chip cupcakes are a bake that need no introduction. With our chocolate chip cupcake recipe, you can enjoy these bite-sized treats from your own oven. These delicious mini cakes only take 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook, and the results are guaranteed to delight the kids. These are ideal for cake-bakes, parties, or simply as an indulgent treat for the whole family. Bring this coffee shop bake into your own kitchen today with our easy-peasy chocolate chip cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 – 3 minutes until the choc chip cupcake batter is well mixed.
- Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins and bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix the icing ingredients together and spread or pipe onto each cake. Decorate with Maltesers (or just more choc chips!)
This chocolate chip cupcake recipe is perfect for around 10-12 servings, but what’s great about it is it’s so easy to scale-up the measurements if you want to make a bigger batch.
If you’re interested in our other chocolate bakes, then why not try making our rich and gooey chocolate brownies or our fresh and fruity strawberry and white chocolate cupcakes? Our crispy chocolate refrigerator cakes are easy and delicious if you want something to make with the kids.We even have chocolate recipes for those looking for dairy-free options. Bake our indulgent vegan chocolate cake as a showstopper for your next party or make our dairy- and gluten-free triple chocolate cookies for an everyday treat.
~ Cupcakes ~
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Original
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 25 g chocolate chips
~ Icing ~
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Original
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsps water or milk
- Maltesers, to decorate