Create a Board
Christmas Nut Roast
Try this delightful Nut Roast recipe for the perfect vegetarian Christmas dinner. Easy to prepare and delicious!
- Cut the parsnips or celeriac into large chunks and cook in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place the cabbage leaves in boiling water for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Dry fry the nuts until just starting to colour, place on a plate.
- Add the Flora to the pan and sauté the onion for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Roughly chop the nuts and place in a bowl along with the chestnuts, cheese, breadcrumbs and sage.
- Add the parsnip or celeriac, onions and mushrooms and stir well together with the egg.
- Line the tin with overlapping cabbage leaves leaving an overhang.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and fold over the overhanging leaves.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven 180°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 4 for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the tin and serve sliced.
- 2 large parsnips (350g) or celeriac, peeled
- 1 small savoy cabbage outer leaves only
- 150 g whole almonds
- 30 g Flora Dairy Free
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 150 g chestnut mushroom finely chopped
- 100 g cooked chestnuts roughly chopped
- 85 g blue cheese or vegetarian cheese diced
- 100 g brown breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 medium egg beaten