Create a Board
Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies
Sugar and spice and all things nice, that’s what cinnamon and raisin cookies are made of! Combining the warming spiciness of cinnamon with the sweet and juicy taste of raisins, these scrummy cookies are a perfect balance of flavours.
To make these cinnamon raisin cookies, simply combine Flora Original with sweet raisins, brown sugar, and a warm hint of cinnamon to make irresistible crunchy goodies. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up from ingredients found in most family’s kitchen cupboards in no time. Whether for a teatime titbit or a tasty treat, these cinnamon and raisin cookies will go down a treat every time.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed. This will form the dough of your cinnamon raisin cookies.
- Brush your baking sheets with Flora and place teaspoons of your cinnamon and raisin biscuit dough onto them, leaving a gap between each cookie.
- Bake your cinnamon and raisin biscuits on the middle shelf of a preheated hot oven at 190°C (that’s 170°C fan, gas mark 5) for 8–10 minutes.
- Cool your cookies on a wire tray before serving.
And that’s it – 4 simple steps to baking cinnamon raisin biscuits from scratch! If you love this recipe and want to try making other delicious treats, then you may like to try some of our other recipes.
~ Cookie ingredients ~
- 75 ml Flora Cuisine or 75g (3oz) Flora Original
- 55 g (2oz) caster sugar
- 100 g (3½oz) soft brown sugar
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g (3½oz) raisins, chopped
- 175 g (6oz) self-raising flour, sieved together with
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon and 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda