Coconut Lime Drizzle Cake
Zingy and zesty – this Coconut & Lime Drizzle Cake will take you to the tropics!
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and base lined 20cm deep round cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas 4 for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn out on to a wire tray.
- Put the lime juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 mins until slightly reduced and syrupy.
- Whilst cake is warm, make a few deep holes with a skewer and drizzle the syrup over so that it soaks into the cake.
- Variations: The limes can be replaced by lemons or one large orange.
- Tip: Instead of 1 cake, bake 12-14 mini cakes and serve with scoops of (lemon) ice cream.
~ Cake ~
- 175 g self raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 175 g Flora Dairy Free
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp milk
~ Citrus Syrup ~
- juice of 2 limes or lemons, strained
- 100 g caster sugar
- toasted coconut flakes, optional