Create a Board
Cold Tuna Pasta Salad with Fresh Herbs
This cold tuna pasta salad with mushrooms, red pepper, sweetcorn, and fresh herbs is a quick, healthy and delicious dish that the whole family can enjoy. It is also a great alternative to sandwiches – and super filling too! You can eat it for lunch, dinner or even use it as a tasty and original side dish.
How to make a tuna pasta salad that the kids will love? You can add to this tuna pasta recipe any nutritious veggies of the little ones’ choice and you have yourself a delicious lunchbox option. To make it even healthier, opt for wholemeal pasta, and to complete this tasty lunchbox, just add a slice of banana bread, chopped cucumber and some grapes. If you can spare 20 minutes of your day (yes, that’s how long it takes to cook this tuna pasta recipe!), then this dish is the perfect weekday meal for you.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the Flora in a large pan, add the red pepper and mushrooms and cook them for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until soft and starting to brown.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and tuna, cover and cook very gently until piping hot.
- Drain the pasta and gently toss with the tuna mixture and the herbs.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and pack in tomorrow’s lunchbox.
- Season to taste.
It may seem very simple to cook, but the combination of flavours tastes extremely sophisticated. Once you start eating this, you won’t be able to stop!
Now that you know how to cook tuna pasta, you can try out other dishes that kids will find delicious and will leave adult guests impressed. Our simple yet tasteful tuna quiche, or a tasty and warm chicken stew are the perfect example!
- 350 g short pasta shapes
- 55 g Flora Original
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 115 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 198 g can sweetcorn
- 200 g canned tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2–3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, coriander