Dairy Free Coffee & Walnut Cake
A big slice of a moist coffee and walnut cake, anyone? Think moist and fluffy, a coffee-infused sponge, creamy frosting and crunchy, earthy walnuts. This cake is really easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. The result? A cake that is light and moist with the perfect balance of coffee, not too strong and not too weak either!
Coffee and walnut, what a flavour combination, now put that in a cake with this dairy-free coffee and walnut cake recipe and we can’t think of anything better! It is delicious and indulgent; the frosting is incredibly creamy and light, and the sponge has just the right level of coffee without turning bitter. Perfect with a good cup of tea, you can count on this classic!
If the ingredients of this dairy-free coffee cake recipe looked simple and easy, wait until you hear about the 4 steps you need to take to make it!
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining cake ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and base lined 20cm deep round cake tin or 2 x 18cm tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 160°C fan oven, gas 4 for 40-50 minutes for the large or 30-35 minutes for the 2 tins or until cooked.
- Turn out on to a wire tray.
For more mouth-watering recipes like this coffee and walnut cake recipe, you don’t have to go very far. We have a great collection of dairy-free and vegan cakes that will be the centre of any dinner party or afternoon tea! Why not try, for example, our dairy-free carrot cake, with its gorgeous colour and exquisite icing? If you’re a chocoholic, then you can’t forget to taste our easy vegan chocolate cake. Being vegan doesn’t mean giving up on the treats you love!
~ For the cake ~
- 175 g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g (6 oz) Flora Dairy Free
- 175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon
~ For the frosting ~
- 225 g (8 oz) icing sugar
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) Flora Dairy Free
- 1 teaspoon coffee essence
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Walnut halves to decorate