Create a Board
Dairy-Free Victoria Sponge Cake
Want all the great taste of a classic Victoria sponge cake without any dairy? Then try our dairy-free Victoria sponge recipe.
The classic Victoria sandwich gets a dairy-free twist with Flora Dairy Free in this simple recipe, so you can enjoy the same great taste without any dairy products. Light and fluffy sponge, deliciously fruity jam and a gentle dusting of sweet icing sugar – it’s all still here in our dairy-free Victoria sponge cake.
Ready to put our dairy-free Victoria sponge recipe to the test? All it takes is 5 quick and easy steps:
- Place all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed. This should take around 2-3 minutes.
- Place the dairy-free Victoria sponge cake batter in 2 greased and bottom lined 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tins.
- Bake your sponge in the centre of pre-heated oven at 170°C (160°C fan or Gas mark 4) for 30-35 minutes. Turn out to cool and remove the paper from the bottom of your cakes.
- Sandwich the two halves of your dairy-free Victoria sponge together with jam of your choice. Strawberry or raspberry is a traditional option but why not try something different like lemon curd or blackberry jam to give this classic cake a contemporary twist?
- Dredge the top with a generous dusting of powdery icing sugar, slice and serve.
Why not serve your dairy-free Victoria sponge cake with some fresh fruit for added flavour and texture? Matching the fruit to the jam in the filling is a great way to tie everything together. You’ll also want to stock up on a few other dairy-free essentials, such as nut milk, so you can enjoy this classic sponge cake as nature intended: with a nice cup of tea!
Whether you’re serving this dairy-free sponge as an after-dinner treat or as part of a spread of sweet treats, don’t forget to browse our other dairy-free recipes for inspiration. We’ve got dairy-free recipes for everything from shortcrust pastry to cookies, lemon cheesecake and banana bread: everything you need for a tantalising tea party!
~ Cake Ingredients ~
- 175 g (6 oz) Flora Dairy Free
- 175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 g (6 oz) self-raising flour, sieved with
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
~ Filling and Icing ~
- 2 tablespoon jam
- icing sugar, to dredge