Create a Board
Filo Topped Dairy Free Chicken Pie with Leeks and Ham
When you need something comforting and warm after a long day, there’s nothing better than a traditional chicken and ham hock pie. Made with a creamy chicken, leek and ham filling, our quick and easy chicken and ham pie recipe is perfect for a mid-week family dinner or a casual weekend supper with guests.
The hearty flavours of this dairy free chicken and ham pie make this dish a dinner staple. It’s packed with chicken, leek and ham to keep hungry mouths happy, and the filo pastry is brushed with Flora Dairy Free to give it the crisp and golden flakes that we all love. Try serving it with Flora Dairy Free mash for a classic tasty combination!
This dairy-free pie will be a success no matter who tries it! The steps below are very easy to follow, and you’ll be able to devour your pie after only half an hour of baking:
- Preheat oven to 200° C, 180° C fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Place 40g Flora Dairy Free, flour, soya milk and chicken stock in a saucepan. Stir continuously over a moderate heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened, smooth and glossy.
- Stir the chicken, leek and ham into the sauce, then spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- For the filo pastry topping, cut the pastry in to 1cm strips using scissors and arrange over the chicken mixture. Melt the remaining Flora Dairy Free and brush over the filo pastry strips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the filling is piping hot.
The result is a pie full of warming, familiar flavour, as the ham adds a savoury note that is missing from the creamy chicken! But, if this hearty dairy-free chicken and ham pie didn’t satisfy your appetite, you should try our crispy lemon and herb oven roasted chicken thighs with some Parmesan shavings for a tasty and easy meal, or our chicken alfredo pasta dish for an authentic Italian experience.
- 65 g Flora Dairy Free
- 40 g plain flour
- 150 ml unsweetened soya milk
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 500 g cooked chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced and blanched in boiling water
- 80 g cooked ham hock, diced
- 4 sheets filo pastry sheet