Gingerbread People Biscuits
An easy, fun recipe that’s perfect for baking with the kids – they’ll love to cut out gingerbread people biscuits and add faces, features and maybe some clothes or stylish accessories! Of course you don’t have to choose people-shaped biscuits… this simple batter, made with ground ginger, brown sugar, golden syrup and Flora Cuisine, will turn out a batch of scrummy spicy cookies whatever shape you settle on.
- Sieve dry ingredients together well.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 75mm (¼ inch).
- Using cutters, cut into gingerbread people.
- Lift carefully onto lightly greased baking trays and press currants into the dough for eyes and pieces of cherry for mouths.
- Bake in the centre of preheated oven at 210°C, 190°C fan, gas mark 7 for about 10 minutes.
- Check that the shapes are not scorching after about 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire racks before serving.
- 225 g (8oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 85 ml Flora Cuisine
- 85 g (3oz) soft brown sugar
- 85 g (3oz) golden syrup
~ To Decorate ~
- currants glace cherries